Mon, Jun 19|
Lexington Visitors Center
Black History Walking Food Tour presented by Bites of the Bluegrass
Join us as we dine our way through Downtown Lexington, while learning about the city's rich Black history. Discover award-winning chefs, fresh Kentucky-farmed vegetables, and food to feed your soul, as we we reflect, celebrate, and honor Black trailblazers of Lexington's past.
Time & Location
Jun 19, 2023, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Lexington Visitors Center, 215 W Main St Suite 75, Lexington, KY 40507, USA
About the Event
Join us as we dine our way through Downtown Lexington, while learning about the city's rich Black history. Discover award-winning chefs, fresh Kentucky-farmed vegetables, and food to feed your soul, as we stroll through landmarks like the Old Fayette County Courthouse, Phoenix Park, Lexington Opera House, and the African-American Heritage Trail. We'll reflect, celebrate, and honor Black trailblazers of Lexington's past, leaving behind the lasting legacies that built this city. On the Black History Walking Food Tour, you will:
- Follow a Foodie Guide to five Lexington award-winning black chefs
- Hear tales from Lexington's rich black history along the way
- Please note for vegetarian accommodation
We look forward to hosting you on your upcoming Bites of the Bluegrass tour in Downtown Lexington. Here are a few reminders to ensure you have a wonderful experience:
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. We will be on our feet for most of the tour and we want you to be as comfortable as possible.
- Tours take place rain or shine. Please check the weather on your tour day and choose your attire accordingly. If rain is in the forecast, an umbrella will come in handy, and don’t forget to apply sunscreen!
- Our tours include a variety of tastings that adds up to plenty of lunch food for most guests.
- We will provide water at some tasting locations. Feel free to bring your own bottle of water for walking between tastings. Any other beverage, including alcohol, will be available for purchase at each stop.
- Gratuities for your tour guide are not included in the ticket price, but are appreciated and graciously accepted at the end of the tour.
- We look forward to hosting you on your Bites of the Bluegrass walking food tour!